Darning without embroidery hoop – SINGER 413 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Worn or torn spots on children's clothes,
knits, and household linens can be
darned effortlessly and quickly with little
practice. You may choose to darn either
with or without an embroidery hoop.
When greater control is needed, an
embroidery hoop is usually best.
Darning without Embroidery Hoop
• Flexi-St/tch Pattern Dial:
• Pattern Selector: Any setting
• Needle Position: C
• Stitch Width; 0
• Stitch Length: 12
• General Purpose Throat Plate
• General Purpose Foot
1. If area to be darned is open, baste an
underlay in place.
2. Place area to be darned under presser
foot; lower presser foot and start
toward you and pulling it gently away
3. Continue this forward and backward
motion as you fill the area with
parallel lines of stitching. For additional
strength, cover area with crosswise
lines of stitching.