Kinze 3500 Lift and Rotate Planter Rev. 7/14 User Manual
Lubrication and Maintenance
1. Remove retainer and marker blade.
2. Remove dust cap from hub.
2. Remove hub shield. Note direction of installation.
3. Remove cotter pin, slotted hex nut, and washer.
4. Slide hub from spindle.
5. Remove bearings and cups and discard if bearings are being replaced. Clean hub and dry. Remove bearings only
and not cups if repacking.
6. Press in new bearing cups with thickest edge facing in. (Bearing replacement procedure only.)
7. Pack bearings with heavy duty wheel bearing grease thoroughly forcing grease between roller cone and bearing
cage. Fill the space between the bearing cups in the hub with grease.
8. Install rubber seal into grease seal. Place inner bearing in place and press in new rubber seal/grease seal.
9. Clean spindle and install hub.
10. Install outer bearing, washer and slotted hex nut. Tighten slotted hex nut while rotating hub until there is some
drag. This ensures all bearing surfaces are in contact. Back off slotted nut to nearest locking slot and install
11. Fill dust caps approximately
full of wheel bearing grease and install on hub.
12. Install hub shield.
13. Install marker blade and retainer on hub. Tighten hardware evenly.
ROW MARKER bEARING LUbRICATION OR REPLACEMENT
Slotted hex nut