Fertilizer, Double disc fertilizer opener, Double disc fertilizer opener -1 – Kinze 3500 Lift and Rotate Planter Rev. 7/14 User Manual
Position double disc fertilizer openers
to place fertilizer no closer than 2" to either side of row. Fertilizer depth is
approximately 4" If planter frame is level and at proper 20" operating height. Soil conditions can affect depth slightly.
NOTE: Do not set opener depth with spring pressure. Opener is designed to operate against a
depth stop and spring up when encountering a foreign object or hard ground.
Down pressure spring is factory preset at 250 lb (113.4 kg) but can be adjusted for various soil conditions.
1. Loosen jam nut with a 15∕16" wrench.
2. Use a 1" wrench to turn adjustment bolt clockwise to increase tension or counterclockwise to decrease tension.
3. Tighten jam nut.
Do not operate double disc openers at full down pressure tension
on rocky ground or disc blades will chip.
Maintain a gap of 1∕32" to 1∕16" between opener blades at the closest point. Blade adjustment is made by moving
inside spacer washers to outer side of blade. Check bearing assembly rivets are not contacting shank after making
Outer scrapers on each disc blade can be adjusted for wear. Make sure scrapers are adjusted to allow only slight
Opener assembly is designed to be locked in a raised position when fertilizer attachment is not in use or during
1. Raise planter and place blocks under openers.
2. Lower planter until pivot section hole aligns with mounting bracket hole.
3. Remove lockup pin from mounting bracket storage position and install through lockup hole.
4. Secure with cotter pins.
DOUbLE DISC FERTILIzER OPENER
Pin storage position
Pin lockup position
Double disc fertilizer opener
Maintain 1∕32" - 1∕16"
gap at closest point.