Cleaning brush-type seed meter for storage, Vacuum manifold maintenance, Cleaning brush-type seed meter for storage -15 – Kinze 3600 Lift and Rotate Planter (70 CM) Rev. 5/14 User Manual
Page 119: Vacuum manifold maintenance -15
Lubrication and Maintenance
CLEANING BRUSH-TYPE SEED METER FOR STORAGE
1. Remove meter from seed hopper by removing two thumbscrews securing meter to hopper.
2. Remove seed disc and wash with soap and water and dry thoroughly.
3. Remove three hex head screws from brush retainer. Remove brush retainer and upper brush.
4. Remove three hex head screws from lower brush. Remove lower brush and stainless steel wear band.
5. Wash all parts and meter housing with soap and water and dry thoroughly.
6. Inspect all parts and replace worn parts.
7. Reassemble meter except for seed disc. Store meter in a dry, rodent-free space with seed disc removed.
Seed drop are
Seed loading area
Seed retention area
Upper brush holds seed in seed disc pocket in seed retention
area. Brush must apply enough pressure against seed in
seed disc pocket as disc rotates through seed retention area
to prevent seed from dropping out of disc pocket. A damaged
spot, excessive brush wear, or foreign material lodged in brush
may greatly reduce meter performance.
Replace upper brush at 49-162 hectares per row of use or
sooner if damage or excessive wear is found. Position upper
brush into inner perimeter of seed retention area. Make sure
base of brush is tight against bottom of meter housing. Install
brush retainer and three hex head screws. Tighten screws in
sequence shown in photo at right.
NOTE: Use GD11122 upper brush retainer for soybean and cotton discs. Use GD8237 upper brush retainer for
milo/grain sorghum discs.
Lower brush moves seed down seed loading slots to seed pockets, isolates seed in reservoir from entering seed tube,
and cleans seed loading slots. Estimated lower brush life expectancy is 97-324 hectares per row. Replace lower brush
if bristles are deformed or missing, or if there are cracks in brush retainer.
Upper brush installation
VACUUM MANIFOLD MAINTENANCE
Dust accumulates in manifolds and hoses during normal operation. Clean manifolds annually. Abnormally dusty
planting conditions may require more frequent cleaning.
1. Remove vacuum hose from each seed meter.
2. Operate vacuum fan at full hydraulic flow fromtractor for two minutes to clear manifolds, hoses, and fittings of
dust and debris.
3. Shut down fan and replace hoses