Row marker transport stand adjustment, Wheel bearing repack or replacement, Row marker transport stand adjustment -27 – Kinze 3600 Lift and Rotate Planter (70 CM) Rev. 5/14 User Manual
Page 131: Wheel bearing repack or replacement -27
Lubrication and Maintenance
1. Raise tire clear of ground and remove wheel.
2. Remove double jam nuts and slide hub from spindle.
3. Remove bearings and cups and discard if bearings are being replaced. Clean hub and dry. Remove bearings
only and not cups if repacking.
4. Press in new bearing cups with thickest edge facing in. (Bearing replacement procedure only.)
5. Pack bearings with heavy duty wheel bearing grease thoroughly forcing grease between roller cone and bearing
cage. Fill space between bearing cups and hub with grease.
6. Place inner bearing in place.
7. Clean spindle and install hub.
8. Install outer bearing and jam nut. Tighten jam nut while rotating hub until there is some drag. This ensures all
bearing surfaces are in contact. Back off jam nut ¼ turn or until there is only slight drag when rotating hub. Install
second jam nut to lock against first.
9. Install wheel on hub. Tighten hardware evenly.
WHEEL BEARING REPACK OR REPLACEMENT
Row marker transport stands must be correctly adjusted to
allow marker cushion cylinders to function properly.
1. Raise markers to transport position.
2. Loosen mounting hardware to allow transport
stands to drop down or remove transport stands.
3. With tractor engine shutoff, release hydraulic
pressure on marker cylinders.
4. Locate transport stands so marker arm rests lightly
on transport stand. When transport stands are
correctly adjusted pin at rod end of cylinder should
be loose enough to rotate and move back and forth
in mounting slot.
ROW MARKER TRANSPORT STAND ADJUSTMENT
Row marker transport stand