Additional information, Precautions, On safety – Sony DPP-FP70 User Manual
Page 70: On installation, On cleaning, On safety on installation on cleaning
• Be careful not to set or drop any heavy
objects on the power cord, or to damage
the power cord in any way. Never
operate this printer with a damaged
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into
the cabinet, unplug the printer and have
it checked by qualified personnel before
operating it any further.
• Never disassemble the printer.
• To disconnect the power cord, pull it out
by the plug. Never pull the power cord
• When the printer is not going to be used
for an extended period of time,
disconnect the power cord from the wall
• Do not handle the printer roughly.
• To reduce the risk of electrical shock,
always unplug the printer from the
electrical outlet before cleaning and
servicing the printer.
• Avoid placing the printer in a location
– high humidity
– excessive dust
– direct sunlight
– extremely high or low temperatures
• Do not use electrical equipment near the
printer. The printer will not work
properly in electromagnetic fields.
• Do not place heavy objects on the
• Leave enough room around the printer
so that the ventilation holes are not
blocked. Blocking these holes may cause
internal heat build-up.
On the AC adaptor
• Be sure to use the AC adaptor supplied
with the printer. Do not use other AC
adaptors, as this may cause a
• Do not use the supplied AC adaptor to
• Do not use an electrical transformer
(travel converter), as this may cause
overheat or a malfunction.
• In case the cord of the AC adaptor is
damaged, never use it any longer, as this
may cause danger.
On moisture condensation
If the printer is brought directly from a
cold location to a warm location or placed
in an extremely warm or humid room,
moisture may condense inside the unit. In
such cases the printer will probably not
work properly and may even develop a
fault if you persist in using it. If moisture
condensation occurs, unplug the AC
power cord of the printer and do not use
the printer for at least one hour.
When you transport the printer, remove
the ink ribbon, paper tray, AC adaptor, the
memory card, or an external device from
the printer and put the printer and its
peripherals in the original box with the
If you no longer have the original box and
packing parts, use similar packing material
so that the printer will not be damaged
while being transported.
Clean the cabinet, panel and controls with
a soft dry cloth, or a soft cloth lightly
moistened with a mild detergent solution.
Do not use any type of solvent, such as
alcohol or benzine, which may damage the