About the sd card, About the compactflash card, Notes on use – Sony DPP-FP70 User Manual
Page 74: Types
• Do not touch the terminal of the “Memory
Stick” with your hand or a metal object.
• Do not strike, bend or drop the “Memory
• Do not disassemble or modify the “Memory
• Do not expose the “Memory Stick” to water.
• Do not use or store the “Memory Stick” under
the following conditions:
– Locations beyond the required operational
conditions including locations such as the
hot interior of a car parked in the sun or/
and in the summer, the outdoors exposed
to direct sunlight, or a place near a heater.
– Humid locations or locations with corrosive
About the SD card
The SD card slot of the printer allows you
to use the following:
• SD memory card
• miniSD card
• SDHC memory card
• MMC standard memory card
We do not guarantee proper operations for
all types of SD memory cards and MMC
standard memory cards.
*1 The printer has been demonstrated as
operable with an SD card with a capacity of 2
GB or smaller.
*2 The printer has been demonstrated as
operable with an SDHC card with a capacity
of 4 GB or smaller.
*3 The printer has been demonstrated as
operable with an MMC standard memory
card with a capacity of 2 GB or smaller .
Notes on use
• When using a card, make sure to check correct
insertion direction of the card and correct
• You cannot read or write the data subject to
the copyright protection.
• Do not strike, drop, or bend a card.
• Do not disassemble or modify a card.
• Do not expose a card to water.
• Avoid using a card in areas subject to high
humidity, since it may be easily affected by
• Do not use or store a card in a location subject
– extremely high temperature such as the hot
inside of a car or the outdoors exposed to a
direct sunlight, or a place near a heater.
– direct sunlight
– high humidity or corrosive substances
– static electricity or electrical noises
• When you carry or store a card, put it in the
case supplied with it.
• Do not remove a card or turn off the printer
while the printer is reading or writing data
and the access indicator is flashing.
Otherwise, data may be rendered unreadable
About the CompactFlash card
The CompactFlash card slot of the printer
allows you to use the following:
• CompactFlash Storage Card (Type I/
Type II) and CF+Card (Type I/Type II)-
compatible CompactFlash Storage
• Micro Drive
• COMPACT VAULT
You can also use the following by using a
commercially available CompactFlash card
• Smart Media card
• xD-Picture Card
However, we do not guarantee proper
operations for all types of CompactFlash
*4 Use a CompactFlash card with a power
specification of 3.3V or 3.3V/5V. You cannot
use a type for 3V or 5V only. Do not insert
other types of CompactFlash card into the
printer’s insertion slot. The printer may be
*5 When using a commercially available
CompactFlash card adaptor, refer to the
operating instructions of the adaptor you use
for how to install the card and adaptor.