Turning a square corner, Reverse stitch switch, Tacking (basting) – SINGER 1500 Izek User Manual
Page 53: Pattern no, Length width
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
TURNING A SQUARE CORNER
REVERSE STITCH SWITCH
1. To turn a square corner 5/8" (16 mm) from the fabric edge,
stop the machine and push the needle up/down switch to move
the needle to its lowest position when reaching the cornering
guide as shown. Raise the presser foot, turn fabric.
It is a good idea to begin or end seams with 3 to 5 stitches in
reverse to reinforce the seams in order to prevent unraveling.
As long as you are pushing this switch, the machine will continue
to feed the fabric backwards.
2. New stitching line will align with 5/8" (16 mm) seam guide on
side of needle plate. Lower the presser foot and begin stitching
in new direction.
Presser foot - Zigzag foot
Feed dog control -
1. Push the needle up/down switch to move the needle to its
Push the switch again to raise the needle to its highest position.
2. Raise the presser foot lifter and move the material.
3. Lower the presser foot lifter and then push the needle up/
down switch two more times to sew another stitch.