Important safety instructions, Danger, Warning – SINGER 7025 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using this machine, basic safety precautions shouid aiways be foilowed inciuding
Read aii instructions before using this machine.
— To reduce the risk of eiectric shock:
• The machine shouid never be ieft unattended when piugged in. Aiways unpiug the
machine from the electric outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
• Always unplug before relamping. Replace bulb with the same type rated 15 watts.
Be sure to replace the face plate which covers the light bulb before operating the machine.
— To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock
or injury to persons:
• Be sure that the electrical voltage of the socket outlet (wall receptacle) is the same as
the rated voltage of the motor.
• Use this machine only for its intended use as described in this Operator’s Guide.
Use only attachments recommended by the manufacturer as contained in the
• To disconnect, turn all controls to the off (“0”) position, then remove plug from outlet.
• Disconnect the power-line plug from the socket outlet or switch the machine off when
making any adjustments in the needle area, such as threading needle, changing needle,
changing throat plate or changing presser foot, etc.
• Always unplug the machine from the electrical outlet when removing covers, lubricating,
or when making any other user servicing adjustments mentioned in1he Operator’s Guide.
• Do not attempt to adjust the motor belt. Contact your nearest Service Center should any
adjustment be required.
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Handle the foot controller with care and avoid dropping it on the floor. Be sure not to
place anything on top of it.
• Always use the proper throat plate. The wrong plate can cause the needle to break.
• Do not use bent needles.
• When sewing, keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is required around
the sewing machine needle.
• Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. It may deflect the needle causing it to break.
• Before removing the bobbin case, remove plug from the socklet outlet.
• For double insulated machines, when servicing use only identical replacement parts.
• Never operate the machine if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly,
if it has been dropped or damage, or dropped into the water. Return the machine to
the nearest authorized dealer or Service Center for examination, repair, electrical, or
• Never operate the machine with any air openings blocked. Keep ventilation openings
of the machine and foot controller free from the accumulation of lint, dust, and loose cloth.
• Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
• Do not use outdoors.