To hem and sew on lace in one operation – SINGER 201 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
2. Open the work out flat, wrong side
up, and hem free edge of seam,
stitching it flat to garment as shown
in Fig. 44.
Fig. 44. Making a
To Hem and Sew on Lace
in One Operation
1. Start hem in regular way.
2. Hold hem in position with needle.
3. Raise presser bar and insert edge of
lace in slot of hemmer and back
4. Lower presser bar and start sewing,
catching edge of lace with needle.
5. Guide hem with right hand and lace
with left hand, being careful not to
stretch lace as it enters hemmer.
Fig. 45. Hemming and Sewing on Lace