Threading the machine – SINGER 6215 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
THREADING THE MACHINE
To thread your machine correctly, follow the steps below;
• Raise take-up lever (3) to highest position by turning hand wheel toward you.
• Raise presser foot to release thread tension.
• Place spool of thread on spool pin (
• Slide spool cap (2) firmly over rim of spool to prevent thread tangling.
• Lead thread from spool and snap into thread guides (4) and (5).
• Thread the tension discs by leading thread down against the tab (
), as shown,
around the tension discs and up under the spring on the left side. Hold the
spool lightly with finger, pull thread gently up and to the right, lifting the spring
and allowing thread to slip into thread guard. Then, lead thread up behind
thread guide (7).
• Slip thread into take-up lever as Illustrated (3).
• Pass thread through guides (
) and (9).
• When sewing heavier weight threads, do not thread the lower thread guide (10).
• Thread needle from front to back, pulling 4” (10cm) of thread through eye.