Kanguru U2D User Manual
3.5 Duplicating Using a Storage Center as the Source
The Kanguru USB Duplicator allows you to turn a connected USB drive into a Storage Center. You can
load images of USB drives directly to the Storage Center providing you with a convenient way to store
common jobs, similar to the way that device images can be saved to the USB Duplicator’s internal hard
First you need to format your USB drive as a Storage Center:
1. From the Main menu, hold the ‘SET’ button to enter the SETUP menu.
2. From the SETUP menu, tap the ‘SET’ button to navigate to the SELECT SOURCE option.
3. The SELECT SOURCE option should be set to “1” by default. If it is not set as “1”, tap the ‘RUN’
button to set this option to “1”.
4. From the SETUP menu, tap the ‘SET’ button to navigate to the ADVANCED SETUP option and
then tap the ‘RUN’ button to enter the ADVANCED SETUP menu.
5. From the ADVANCED SETUP menu, tap the ‘SET’ button to navigate to the FORMAT SOURCE
6. Connect the USB drive that you want to use as a Storage Center to the top-left USB port on the
7. Tap the ‘RUN’ button to run the FORMAT SOURCE option.
8. A confirmation screen appears. Tap the ‘RUN’ button to proceed with formatting the USB drive as
a Storage Center or tap the ‘SET’ button to cancel.
Caution! Formatting a USB drives will erase any data from the drive.
Your USB drive has now been setup as a Storage Center. You can now load images of USB drives to the
Storage Center for convenient duplication.
Note: A USB drive formatted to be a Storage Center will not be recognized when connected to a
computer. The Storage Center uses a proprietary format not recognized by most operating systems.
To load a USB drive image to the Storage Center:
1. Make sure your Storage Center is connected to the top-left USB port and that the SELECT SOURCE
option is set to “1” (for more information on SELECT SOURCE, see section 4.3 Select Source on
2. From the Main menu, tap the ‘SET’ button to navigate to LOAD.
3. Connect the USB drive into any available USB port on the top row. When the USB drive has been
initialized you will see the following screen.
Name of the current image file
READY TO GO . . .
Size of the Source drive
Duplicating Using a Storage Center as the Source