Digital connections, Pc connection, Digital audio output – Marantz NA-11S1 User Manual
Page 10: Digital audio input
When connecting, use a commercially available optical digital cable or coaxial digital cable.
Digital audio output
Connect digital devices such as AV receivers and D/A
converters with the unit to enjoy digital audio output from the
AV receivers /
• Digital audio output is stopped during DSD signal playback.
• The digital audio output can be turned on/off in the “Digital
Out” menu (
n When connecting the optical digital output
connector with an optical transmission cable
Match the shapes then insert firmly.
By connecting a computer to the USB port on the rear panel
of this unit using a commercially available USB cable, this unit
can be used as a D/A converter (
Computer installed with a
Plug that fits the shape of the
connection device connector
• Operation will not occur correctly if connected to the
computer before the dedicated driver has been installed.
• Use a cable that is 10 ft (3 m) or less to connect to the
Digital audio input
If a device equipped with CD transport or digital audio output is
connected to this unit, this unit can be used as a D/A converter
CD Transport /
• Linear PCM signals with a sampling frequency of 32 kHz,
44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 64 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, or
192 kHz can be input into this device.
• Do not input signals other than linear PCM signals, such as
Dolby digital, DTS, AAC etc. into this device. Doing so may
cause noise, which may cause damage to the speakers.