Network audio, About the internet radio function, About music server – Marantz NA-11S1 User Manual
Page 51: About music, Server”), See “about music server, Important information
n About the Internet Radio function
• Internet radio refers to radio broadcasts distributed over
Internet radio stations from around the world can be
• This unit is equipped with the following Internet radio
• Stations can be selected by genre and region.
• Internet radio stations in MP3 and WMA (Windows
Media Audio) format can be listened to.
• Your favorite radio stations can be registered by
accessing an exclusive Marantz Internet radio URL from
a Web browser on a computer.
• The function is managed for individual users, so you must
provide your MAC or e-mail address.
Exclusive URL: http://www.radiomarantz.com
• The radio station database service may be suspended
• This unit’s Internet radio station list is created using a radio
station database service (vTuner). This database service
provides a list edited and created for this unit.
n About Music server
This function lets you play music files and playlists (m3u,
wpl) stored on a computer (music server) connected to this
unit via a network.
With this unit’s network audio playback function, connection
to the server is possible using one of the technologies
• Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
• Windows Media DRM10
GTypes of files that can be played back by each functionH
A server or server software compatible with distribution in
the corresponding formats is required to play music files via
z1 Music server
• This unit is compatible with MP3 ID3-Tag (Ver. 2)
• This unit is compatible with WMA META tags.
• If the image size (pixels) of an album artwork exceeds
500×500 (WMA/MP3/WAV/FLAC) or 349×349 (MPEG-4
AAC), then music may not be played back properly.
z2 Only files that are not protected by copyright can be
played on this unit.
Content downloaded from pay sites on the Internet
are copyright protected. Also, files encoded in WMA
format when ripped from a CD, etc. on a computer may
be copyright protected, depending on the computer’s
USB memory device
n Maximum Number of Playable Files and Folder
The limits on the number of folders and files that can be
displayed by this unit are as follows.
USB memory devices
FAT16 : 2 GB, FAT32 : 2 TB
Number of folder directory levels
Number of folders
Number of files
z1 The limited number includes the root folder.
z2 The allowable number of files may differ according to the
USB memory device capacity and the file size.