Ipod playback, Playing an ipod – Marantz NA-11S1 User Manual
Playing an iPod
(on/standby) to turn on
power to the main unit.
to switch the input
source to “USB”.
• For details on selecting the input
source using the unit buttons, see
“Selecting the input source using the
to select the display
The display mode switches each
• There are two modes for displaying
the contents recorded on the iPod.
Display iPod information on the display of this unit.
Display iPod information on the iPod screen.
• “Direct iPod” is displayed on the display of this unit.
Main unit display
z Only audio is played back.
• The default display mode setting is “Direct mode”.
The unit can play back music stored on an iPod, iPod touch,
iPod classic, iPod nano and iPhone.
n iPod (
To connect an iPod to this unit, use the iPod cable supplied
with the iPod.
• When connecting an iPhone to this unit, keep the iPhone
at least 8 in. (20 cm) away from this unit. If the iPhone is
kept closer to this unit and a telephone call is received by the
iPhone, noise may be output from this device.
• If the iPod is connected using an iPod cable (commercially
available) that is longer than 6.6 ft (2 m), sound may not be
played correctly. In this case, use a genuine iPod cable, or a
cable that is shorter than 3.3 ft (1 m).
to select the item, then press
select the music file to be played.
• 1st generation iPod nano and iPod video do not have Direct
• Marantz will accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss
of iPod data.
• Depending on the type of iPod and the software version,
some functions may not operate.
n iPod operation
Switch between the Remote mode
and the Direct mode
Cursor operation (up/down)
Display the menu or return to the
Enter the selection or plays the
(Press and release)
Play the track from the beginning /
Play the next track
(Press and hold)
Fast-reverse the track /
Fast-forward the track
Play the track / Pause the track
Switch the repeat function
Switch the shuffle function