Connections, Analog connections, Cables used for connections – Marantz NA-11S1 User Manual
Page 9: Unbalanced, Balanced, N balanced jacks
• Do not plug in the power cord until all connections have been
• When making connections, also refer to the operating
instructions of the other components.
• Be sure to connect the left and right channels properly (left
with left, right with right).
• Do not bundle power cords together with connection cables.
Doing so can result in humming or noise.
• Do not connect the unit to the PHONO input connectors on
Cables used for connections
Audio cable (supplied)
Audio cable (sold separately)
Coaxial digital cable
Cable (sold separately)
n BALANCED Jacks
The BALANCED jacks on this unit are equipped with XLR
connectors that are widely used on professional equipment.
Their features are listed below.
• The 3 pin construction enables the musical signal to be
transmitted as a balanced signal, with little effect from
• The detachable locking mechanism minimizes connector
play and enhances connection reliability.
The XLR connector for professional use is internally wired
in either of the following two systems. This unit employs
the USA system.
• USA system (w PIN=COLD e PIN=HOT)
• European system (w PIN=HOT e PIN=COLD)
If a product that employs the European system is connected
with this unit via a balanced cable, the reproduced signal
may be phase-inverted.
To correct the inversion, set the “Phase” to “Inverted” at
the menu setting (