Safety instructions, Danger warning, Warning – IKA RO 15 User Manual
Page 10: Warning danger danger, Attention
For your protection
• Read the operating instructions in full before starting
up and follow the safety instructions.
• Keep the operating instructions in a place where they can be
accessed by everyone.
• Ensure that only trained staff work with the appliance.
• Follow the safety instructions, guidlines, occupational health
and safety and and accident prevention regulations.
• Socket must be earthed (protective ground contact).
• Attention - Magnetism!
Effects of the magneticfield have to be
into account (e.g. data storage media,
cardiac pacemakers ...).
• Risk of burns!
Exercise caution when touching the
housing parts and the heating plate.
The heating plate can reach temperatures in excess of 125 °C.
Pay attention to the residual heat after switching off.
• Ensure that the mains power supply
cable does not touch the heating base
• Wear your personal protective equipment in accordance with
the hazard category of the media to be processed. Otherwise
there is a risk from:
- splashing and evaporati on of liquids
- ejection of parts
- release of toxic or combustable gases.
• Set up the appliance in a spacious area on an even, stable,
clean, non-slip, dry and fireproof surface.
• The feet of the appliance must be clean and undamaged.
• Check the appliance and accessories beforehand for damage
each time you use them. Do not use damaged components.
• Gradually increase the speed.
• Reduce the speed if
- the medium splashes out of the vessel because the speed is
- the appliance is not running smoothly
- the container moves on the base plate.
• Caution! Only process and heat up any
media that has a flash point higher than
The safe temperatue limit must always be set to at least 25 °C
lower than the fire point of the media used.
• Beware of hazards due to:
- flammable materials
- combustibles media with a low boiling temperature
- glass breakage
- inkorrect container size
- overfilling of media
- unsafe condition of container.
• The appliance may heat up when in use.
• The base plate can heat up due to the action of the drive mag-
nets at high motor speeds, even if the heater is not operational.
• Process pathogenic materials only in closed vessels under a
suitable extractor hood. Please contact IKA if you have any
• Do not operate the appliance in explo-
sive atmospheres, with hazardous
substances or under water.
• Only process media that will not react
dangerously to the extra energy produ-
ced through processing. This also ap-
plies to any extra energy produced in other ways, e.g. through
• Please observe the operating instructions for any accessories
• Safe operation is only guaranteed with the accessories descri-
bed in the „Accessories“ chapter.
• Accessories must be securely attached to the device and cannot
com off by themselves. The centre of gravity of the assembly
must lie within the surface on which it is set up.
• Always disconnect the plug before fitting accessories.
• The appliance can only be disconnected from the mains supply
by pulling out the mains plug or the connector plug.
• The socket for the mains cord must be easily accessible.
• It may be possible for wear debris from rotating accessory parts
to reach the material being processed.
• When using PTFE-coated magnetic bars, the following has to
Chemical reactions of PTFE occur in contact with molten or
solute alkali metals and alkaline earth metals, as well as with
fine powders of metals in groups 2 and 3 of the periodic sys-
tem at temperatures above 300 °C - 400 °C. Only elementary
fluorine, chlorotrifluoride and alkalimetals attack it; halogena-
ted hydrocarbons have a reversible swelling effect.
(Source: Römpps Chemie-Lexikon and „Ullmann“ Volume 19)
For protection of the equipment
• The appliance may only be opened by experts.
• The voltage stated on the type plate must correspond to the
• Do not cover the device, even partially e.g. with metallic plates
or film. This results in overheating.
• Protect the appliance and accessories from bumps and impacts.
• Ensure that the base plate is kept clean.
• Observe the minimum distances between the devices, between
device and wall and minimum distances (min. 800 mm) above