Attaching the feed cover (f), Changing snap-on presser feet (b), (d), (j), (l), Attaching the feed cover – SINGER 2517 Merritt User Manual
Page 22: Singer
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Attaching the feed cover (F)
The feed cover is used to keep the feed from moving the
fabric when attaching a button, darning or sewing free-
motion embroidery. To attach it, follow the directions
• Raise needle and presser foot.
• Open slide plate.
• Slide feed cover on top of needle plate, pressing tabs
(1)and (2) into holes.
• Close slide plate.
• To remove, open slide plate and lift front edge of
cover; pull it away.
Changing snap-on presser
feet (B), (D), (J), (L)
• Raise needle to its highest position by turning hand
wheel toward you.
• Raise presser foot using presser foot lifter at back of
• Push toe of presser foot (1) up, until it snaps off the
• Remove foot from machine.
• Place new foot under centre of shank.
• Lower presser foot lifter, fitting shank over presser
foot pin (3).
• Don’t turn screw. Instead, push presser foot screw (4)
down, firmly until foot snaps into place.