Caring for your machine, Removing and replacing bobbin case, To remove bobbin case – SINGER 2517 Merritt User Manual
Page 67: To replace bobbin case
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Caring for your machine
Removing and replacing bobbin case
Caution: Before cleaning or adjusting the machine,
remove plug from the socket outlet.
• Raise presser foot and needle.
• Open slide plate, remove bobbin and remove needle
To remove bobbin case
• With a small screwdriver, turn bobbin case holder (1)
to the rear as far as it will go.
• Lifting the left side of the bobbin case, slide it out
To replace bobbin case
• Guide forked end (2) of bobbin case under feed (3).
• Draw rim of bobbin case under position plate (4). Be
sure bobbin case is freely seated on hook race.
• Turn bobbin case holder (1) forward as far as it will
go, locking bobbin case in place.
Note: Turn handwheel towards you to check to make sure
it is properly replaced.
Insert needle plate.
Insert bobbin and close slide plate.