Twin needle sewing, Optional accessory, Recommended settings – SINGER 2517 Merritt User Manual
Page 65: Procedure, Singer
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Twin needle sewing
Caution: Make sure not to set stitch width greater than that
what is recommended when twin needle stitching.
Stitch Selection: Desired stitch
Needle Position: t A cJ>
Stitch Length: 2-5
Foot: General Purpose (B)
Needle Plate: General Purpose (A)
• Turn the machine off.
• Insert the twin needle with the flat side of the shank toward
the rear of the machine.
• Thread the machine as you normally would for single needle
stitching, and pass the thread through the left eye of the
• Insert a second spool pin into the hole on the top cover of
the machine, as illustrated.
• Thread the machine in the usual way.
Pass the thread through the remaining points, making
certain to omit the thread guide just above the needle and
pass thread through right eye of needle.
• Draw both threads under the foot and back along with the
• Slowly lower the needle into the hole in the needle plate by
turning the hand wheel toward you to make sure the needle
clears the plate.