The bobbin thread, Winding the bobbin, Preparation steps – SINGER 1288 User Manual
Page 21: Winding steps
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
The Bobbin Thread
Winding the Bobbin
1. Raise the presser foot and turn hand wheel toward
you until needle is in highest position.
2. Loosen hand wheel knob A by turning it toward you
with the right hand while holding hand wheel with
the left hand.
3. Place thread spool on spool pin with thread retain
ing slit B to the right. (Break paper at the end of
spool if necessary.)
• Place spool holder C on spool pin and press firmly
against the thread spool.
• Snap thread into thread guide post D and open top
• Lead thread around bobbin winder tension disc E,
as illustrated, and through small hole in bobbin from
• Place bobbin on spindle and move bobbin winder
F to right.
• Hold thread end and start the machine. Cut off
thread end after a few coils have been wound.
• When required amount of thread has been wound
(winding will stop when bobbin is full) stop machine
and cut connecting thread.
• Move bobbin winder to the left and remove bobbin.
• Hold hand wheel and tighten hand wheel knob.