Multi-stitch zig-zag bar tacks – SINGER 1288 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Multi-Stitch Zig-Zag Bar Tacks
With the multi-stitch zig-zag you can make strong bar
tacks. Multi-stitch zig-zag bar tacks are effective for
tacking belt loops on heavy fabrics such as denim. Be
sure to check the Fabric, Thread and Needle Table on
page 16 for correct thread and needle selection with
your choice of fabric.
• Stitch; Multi-Stitch Zig-Zag Disc 2
• Needle Position:]^ Wi JL
• Stitch Width: i
I I I (j]
• Stitch Length: 0 to 4
• Snap-in feed cover.
• General purpose foot or special purpose foot.
We recommend making a test sample first using
scraps of the material you will be sewing the bar tacks
on, duplicating all thicknesses.
1. Mark position for the finished end of belt loop on
• Place belt loop, wrong side up, straight stitch with
cut end 3 mm (1 IS inch) from edge of garment; do
not stitch beyond edges of the belt loop. Trim the
end close to the stitching and press.
2. Fold belt loop back on the stitching line and press.
• Set your machine according to the code above.
• Stitch 3 mm (1/8 inch) from the fold using the
3. Fold over loose end and bar tack.