Threading the machine – SINGER 1288 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Threading the Machine
• Place spool of thread on spool pin. If spool being
used hasathread retaining slit A, it should be placed
to the right, as illustrated.
• Raise the presser foot, to release thread tension.
• Raise the take-up lever to highest position by turn
ing hand wheel toward you.
• Snap thread into thread guide post 1.
• Holding thread ends in each hand, snap thread into
upper thread guide
• Pass thread through thread guide 3.
• With right hand on thread spool, thread the needle
thread tension 4. Slide thread over metal plate be
tween tension discs with left hand. Lead thread
under tensfon and tension wire. Thread tension wire
by firmly pulling thread up and over to the right.
• Guide thread through point 5.
• Thread take-up lever 6, as illustrated.
• Draw thread through points 7 and 8, guiding thread
from rear of each guide to the right.
• Pass thread through guide 9. Thread the needle 10
through the needle eye.