Changing the light buib, Replacing the slide plate – SINGER 1288 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Changing the Light Buib
Before changing light bulb make sure
you have disconnected power line plug from socket
outlet. This machine is designed to use a 15-watt max
imum bayonet base bulb only.
The screw iocated on the machine face plate must
be removed before the face plate can be opened.
• Remove face plate.
• Do not attempt to unscrew the bulb.
1, Press it up into the socket and at the same time turn
bulb over in direction shown to unlock the bulb pin
and guide out of^ socket.
• Press new bulb into socket, with bulb pins enter
ing slot of socket.
2. Turn it over in direction shown to lock bulb in
• Replace face plate.
Replacing the Slide Plate
You will not have any occasion to remove the slide
plate. However, if it should accidentally become dis
engaged from the machine, it is easily replaced.
• Raise the presser foot and make sure needle is in its
• Place slide plate in slide way with the front edge
close to, but not covering, the retaining spring (as
• With a small screwdriver, lift each end of the spring
into each of the side grooves on the underside of the
• Draw the plate gently toward you and fully engage
• Close slide plate.