Battery and power management, Battery pack, Pack – Sharp PC-MM1 User Manual
Page 41: Chapter 3
Battery and Power Management
This chapter explains how to manage your computer’s power effectively and use the
In this section, you often see the expression “Power Options Properties
dialog box”. To open the dialog box:
1. Click start - Control Panel.
2. Click Performance and Maintenance - Power Options in
Category view or double-click Power Options icon in Classic view.
When not connected to an external power source, your computer operates with the
rechargeable battery pack. The duration of the battery life may be longer if your
computer’s power management is active. See the next section for power management.
To keep the battery life longer:
Condition the battery pack if the actual remaining power in your battery is less than
what Windows Power Meter indicates. (See Conditioning Battery Pack section in
Turn off your computer when you are not using it.
• The duration of the battery depends on your computer usage. Using
applications, which heavily use external peripherals, will result in
shorter battery life.
• When using your computer for several hours with battery power,
enable power management and set System hibernate. Refer to the
Power Management section in this chapter.
• When the battery has not been charged, your computer may not operate
properly. Connect the AC power source to charge the battery.