Communication functions, Chapter 5, Lan unit – Sharp PC-MM1 User Manual
This chapter explains how to use the wired LAN unit, the wireless LAN function and
the modem card.
• When you use communication software:
• Connect your computer to the AC power source.
• Disable power management. (Refer to Disabling Power
Management of Chapter 3.)
• See also the manual or online help of the software you are using.
• The communication speed may vary depending on the traffic, local
telecommunications infrastructure, and ISP (Internet Service Provider)
You can connect to a LAN (Local Area Network) with the 100 Base-TX/10 Base-T
LAN units on your computer. To activate the LAN unit, perform the following steps.
Never insert any cables, but a LAN cable, which have different electric
characteristics from those of the LAN cable. Otherwise, the LAN unit and
the cables may be damaged.
Use a category 3 or a category 5 LAN cable when connecting to 10
BASE-T LAN, and the category 5 only when connecting to 100 BASE-TX