Consumption values, Use of the appliance, Setting the water softener – ZANKER ZKI1530 User Manual
Type of load
(to be com-
pleted later in
1 cold rinse (to avoid food scraps
This programme does not re-
quire the use of detergent).
1) This is the perfect daily programme to clean a not fully load. Ideal for a family of 4 persons who only want to load breakfast
and dinner crockery and cutlery.
2) Test programme for test institutes. Please refer to separate leaflet supplied, for test data.
The pressure and temperature of the water, the
variations of power supply and the quantity of
dishes can change these values.
Use of the appliance
Refer to the following instructions for each step of pro-
1. Make a check if the water softener level is correct
for the water hardness in your area. If necessary
set the water softener.
2. Fill the salt container with dishwasher salt.
3. Fill the rinse aid dispenser with rinse aid.
4. Load cutlery and dishes into the dishwasher.
5. Set the correct washing programme for the type of
load and soil.
6. Fill the detergent dispenser with the correct quan-
tity of detergent.
7. Start the washing programme.
If you use detergent tablets, refer to the chapter
'Use of detergent'.
Setting the water softener
The water softener removes minerals and salts from
the water supply. Minerals and salts can have bad ef-
fect on the operation of the appliance.
Water hardness is measured in equivalent scales:
• German degrees (dH°).
• French degrees (°TH).
• mmol/l (millimol per litre - international unit for the
hardness of water).
Adjust the water softener to the water hardness in your
area. If necessary, contact your local water authority.