Swarovski Optik NC 2 User Manual
3. Infrared illumination
If there is too little residual light, the infrared illu-
mination can be switched on by turning the grip
of the switch outwards. When the instrument is
switched off, the infrared illumination is always
switched off. When you switch on the infrared illu-
mination you should see that the image becomes
4. Dioptric adjustment
• The dioptric adjustment
ring has a nose on which
the 0 marking (0 reference
point) has been located.
This allows the position of
the dioptric adjustment ring
to be recognized in the dark.
• In the 0 diopter position for an eye of normal
visual acuity the nose of the dioptric adjustment
ring points upwards and coincides with the nose
on the housing.
• To correct an eye defect, turn the dioptric
adjustment ring from the 0 position to the right
(farsighted eye) or left (shortsighted) and in this
way set the optimal sharpness of the screen of the
image intensifier tube.
• One graduation on the dioptric adjustment ring
corresponds to one diopter.
5. turn-back-type eye cups
If you wear eyeglasses and want to observe
through the NC 2, turn back the eye cups so that
you can utilize the full field of view.
• Focusing on a particular
distance is done by turning
the distance ring on the
• The full power of the
image intensifier tube is
achieved when the aperture of the objective lens is
completely open (this corresponds to the smallest
aperture or f-stop value).
Information regarding operational safety
• Operation during daylight only with the objective
lens cap screwed on or with a small lens aperture
• Avoid looking at bright light sources in the dark,
as otherwise the image intensifier tube could be
• If the low battery indicator lights up, you should
replace the batteries as soon as possible.
• High temperatures should be avoided in any
case since they reduce the lifetime of the image
intensifier tube (consider this when leaving the
instrument in vehicles, etc.).
• Do not hold the instrument with the objective
lens directed at the sun or any other strong source
• When storing the instrument over a long period
of time, the batteries should be removed. Use only