Contents safety instructions – IKA C-MAG HS 10 digital User Manual
CMAG dig 0511
CE - Declaration of conformity
Setting operating modes
Safe temperature limit
Setting HI TEMP
Assembling the support rod
To your protection
• Read the operating instructions in full before starting up and
follow the safety instructions.
• Keep the operating instructions in a place where they can be
accessed by everyone.
• Ensure that only trained staff work with the appliance.
• Follow the safety instructions, guidelines, occupational health
and safety and accident prevention regulations.
• Socket must be earthed (protective ground contact).
• Attention-Magnetism! Effects of the magnetic field have to be
taken into account (e.g. data cardiatic, carriers pacemakers...).
• Risk of burns! Exercise caution when touching the housing parts and
the heating plate. The heating plate can reach temperatures in excess
of 500 °C. Pay attention to the residual heat after switching off.
• Please make sure that the mains cable does not contact the
• Wear your personal protective equipment in accordance with the hazard
category of the medium to be processed. Otherwise there is a risk of:
- splashing liquids
- projectile parts
- release any toxic or combustable gases.
• Set up the appliance in a spacious area on an even, stable, clean,
non-slip, dry and fireproof surface.
• The feet of the appliance must be clean and undamaged.
• Position the knob at the left stop before starting up. Gradually
increase the speed.
• Reduce the speed if
- the medium splashes out of the vessel because the speed is
- the appliance is not running smoothly
- the container moves on the set-up surface.
• Caution! Only process and heat up any media that has a flash
point higher than the adjusted target temperature (0 to 550 °C) that
has been set.
The target temperature must always be set to at least 25 °C
lower than the fire point of the media used.
• Check the appliance and accessories beforehand for damage
each time you use them. Do not use damaged components.
• Only replace damaged parts with spare parts identical to the ori-
ginal in function and quality.
• Do not use the device if the ceramic set-up surface is damaged
e.g. scratches, splinters or corrosion. A damaged set-up surface
could break if used.
• Beware of the risk of
- flammable materials
- glass breakage
- incorrect container size
- too much medium
- unsafe condition of container
• Only process media that will not react dangerously to the extra
energy produced through processing. This also applies to any extra
energy produced in other ways, e.g. through light irradiation.
• Process pathogenic materials only in closed vessels under a suit-
able extractor hood. Please contact IKA if you have any questions.
• Do not operate the appliance in explosive atmospheres, with