Wheel bearing repack or replacement, Wheel bearing repack or replacement -25 – Kinze 3140 Stack Fold Planter Rev. 7/14 User Manual
Lubrication and Maintenance
1. Raise tire clear of ground and remove wheel.
2. Remove double jam nuts and slide hub from spindle.
3. Remove bearings and cups and discard if bearings are being replaced. Clean hub and dry. Remove bearings
only and not cups if repacking.
4. Press in new bearing cups with thickest edge facing in. (Bearing replacement procedure only.)
5. Pack bearings with heavy duty wheel bearing grease thoroughly forcing grease between roller cone and bearing
cage. Fill space between bearing cups and hub with grease.
6. Place inner bearing in place.
7. Clean spindle and install hub.
8. Install outer bearing and jam nut. Tighten jam nut while rotating hub until there is some drag. This ensures all
bearing surfaces are in contact. Back off jam nut ¼ turn or until there is only slight drag when rotating hub. Install
second jam nut to lock against first.
9. Install wheel on hub. Tighten hardware evenly.
wHEEL bEARINg REPACK OR REPLACEMENT