Oracle Audio Technologies B31679-01 User Manual
Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database Installation Guide
release are assigned default answers and may produce unexpected
results when batch files from different versions are used.
The setup script performs these actions (unless your answers resulted in
termination of the installation process):
• Prompts you to:
– Install a new instance
– Upgrade an existing instance (This option allows you to
incrementally install the Cache Connect option. The major and
minor version numbers of the TimesTen release must match
– Display information about an existing instance or
– Quit the installation.
• Prompts you to chose the default instance name or chose a name for
your TimesTen instance. See
“Installation instances” on page 23
• Prompts you to install TimesTen:
– Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database
– Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database with Cache Connect to
• Prompts you to install one of the following components.
– Client/ Server and Data Manager
– Data Manager only
– Client only
• Prompts you for the location of your TimesTen installation and
specific files, if installing as a non-root user.
• Prompts you to specify the daemon port number. If no instances of
TimesTen are installed on the machine, or if no instances use the
default port number 17000 for 32-bit installations and 17001 for 64-
bit applications, prompts you to use the default port number.
• Prompts you to determine if Access Control should be enabled,
except for Client-only installs. Default answer is “No.” In that case,
no other changes are needed to your installation or your use of
TimesTen. For more details on Access Control, see
in this guide.
• Prompts you for the TimesTen Server port number.
• Removes any previous installation of this release of TimesTen if you
are installing an upgrade.
• Untars the appropriate tar file for the component(s) being installed
into the install directory, by default