About discs, 2 discs playable on this unit, 2 holding discs – Marantz M-CR610 User Manual
Page 111: 2 loading discs
2 Discs playable on this unit
Discs marked with the logo below can be played in this unit.
• Discs in special shapes (heart-shaped discs, octagonal discs, etc.) cannot be
played. Do not attempt to play them, as doing so can damage the unit.
• Some discs and some recording formats cannot be played.
• Non-finalized discs cannot be played.
• What is finalization?
• Finalization is the process that makes recorded CD-R/CD-RW discs playable on
2 Holding discs
Do not touch the signal surface.
2 Loading discs
• Place the disc in the tray, label side up.
• Make sure the disc tray is fully open when inserting the disc.
• Place the discs flat, 12 cm discs in the outer tray guide (Figure 1),
8 cm discs in the inner tray guide (Figure 2).
12 cm disc
8 cm disc
Outer tray guide
Inner tray guide
• Place 8 cm discs in the inner tray guide without using an adapter.
• “Unsupported” is displayed if a disc that cannot be played is loaded.
• “No Disc” is displayed if the disc is loaded upside-down or if no disc is loaded.
• Do not push the disc tray in by hand when the power is turned off.
• Doing so could damage the set.
• If the unit is left in a room full of smoke from cigarettes, etc., for long periods
of time, the surface of the optical pickup may get dirty, preventing it from
receiving signals properly.