Settings required for each device – Marantz M-CR610 User Manual
Settings required for each device
You must make settings on DMC and DMS for Remote Play. Make
the following settings. Also see the owner’s manual of each device for
2 Settings on PC and NAS
Make settings on PC and NAS to exchange data with DMR devices.
For settings, see “Applying media sharing settings” (vpage 38).
2 Settings on mobile phones
You must install an application for DLNA music playback on your
mobile phone to perform operations on DMS and this unit (DMR) with
your mobile phone. The applicable application differs according to your
• Some mobile phones support DLNA music playback with the factory settings.
See the owner’s manual of your mobile phone.
2 Settings on portable audio players
Make settings so that this unit (DMR) can play back music files stored
on your portable audio player. For settings, see the owner’s manual of
your portable player.
2 Settings on this unit
Connect this unit to the DLNA network. You do not need to make other
For the network connection, see the provided Quick Setup Guide,
“Connecting to a home network (LAN)” (vpage 24) and “Settings”
2 Remote Play operations
Operations are different for each device, but the procedures for
preparing for Remote Play are the same. The preparation procedures
are shown below.
Turn on this unit.
• Make sure that this unit is connected to the network.
Display the music file playback screen on DMC.
• For PC, open Windows Media Player 12, etc.
• For mobile phones, switch to the music file playback mode.
Select the friendly name of this unit for the item that
sets the playback device on the playback screen.
• The default friendly name of this unit is “Marantz M-CR610”.
Start playing back a music file on DMC.
• The function on this unit automatically switches to Music Server
and the Remote Play mark appears on the display. Remote
• Press o to exit Remote Play mode.
• During Remote Play, you cannot perform playback operations with this unit. Use
the DMC device for these operations.