To erase an index – Sony GV-500 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
To Erase an Index
Search for the Index to be erased. (See page 52 to 55).
After playback starts, press the button while the following indications on the screen.
Black band —
When you press ERASE, the tape is rewound to the beginning of the index signal,
then the index signal is erased. On the screen, the indication ‘INDEX ERASE* and the
black band appear.
Do not press any of the tape transport buttons while entering/erasing an index. If it is done,
entering/erasing will not be completed.
Notes on the index signal
• You cannot enter an index signal on a commercially available video software or on a cassette
whose safety tab is slid out.
• You cannot erase an index signal which is prerecorded on a commercially available video
• The index signal may not be erased in the following cases:
- When the index signal is recorded on a video camera recorder or other VCRs, and you wish
to erase it on this unit.
- When the index signal is recorded on this unit, and you wish to erase it on a video camera
recorder or other VCRs.
• To erase the index signal completely, use the equipment you used to enter the index signal.