User manual – 3xLOGIC VISIX Camera User Manual
| VISIX PTZ Network Camera
10225 Westmoor Drive, Suite 300, Westminster, CO 80021 | www.3xlogic.com | (877) 3XLOGIC
2) In the camera, assign a LAN IP address, the subnet mask and the gateway. Refer to Section 2.1.2 Detecting
and Changing the IP Address for detailed LAN configuration.
4) Set port mapping. E.g. 80, 8000, and 554 ports. The steps for port mapping vary depending on different
routers. Please call the router manufacturer for assistance with port mapping.
Refer to Appendix 2 for detailed information about port mapping.
6) Configure the DDNS settings in the setting interface of the router.
7) Visit the camera via the applied domain name.
Connecting the network camera via a modem
This camera supports the PPPoE auto dial-‐up function. The camera gets a public IP address by ADSL dial-‐up after
the camera is connected to a modem. You need to configure the PPPoE parameters of the network camera. Refer
to Section 5.3.3 Configuring PPPoE Settings for detailed configuration.
Accessing the Camera with Dynamic IP
The obtained IP address is dynamically assigned via PPPoE, so the IP address always changes after
DDNS provider (E.g. DynDns.com). Please follow the steps below for normal domain name resolution and
private domain name resolution to solve the problem.
NORMAL DOMAIN NAME RESOLUTION
Normal Domain Name Resolution
2) Configure the DDNS settings in the DDNS Settings interface of the network camera. Refer to Section 5.3.4
Configuring DDNS Settings for detailed configuration.