Gauge wheel arm bushing/seal replacement, Gauge wheel arm pivot spindle replacement, Gauge wheel arm bushing/seal replacement -19 – Kinze 3600 Lift and Rotate Planter Rev. 7/14 User Manual
Page 127: Gauge wheel arm pivot spindle replacement -19
Lubrication and Maintenance
NOTE: Gauge Wheel Arm Bushing and Seal Driver Kit (G1K296) is available through your Kinze Dealer.
1. Remove gauge wheel from arm.
2. Remove gauge wheel arm from shank assembly.
3. Remove seal and bushing and discard. Clean and dry inner bore.
4. Drive/press replacement bushing inside bore of arm to a depth of .125" below flush.
5. Coat wiping edge of seal with grease.
6. Drive/press seal into place with lip to outside.
NOTE: Use extra care to protect the sealing lip during installation. Apply uniform pressure to assemble the
seal into the bore of the arm. Never apply a direct hammer blow to the seal surface.
7. Inspect gauge wheel pivot spindle.
8. Reinstall gauge wheel arm assembly and gauge wheel.
NOTE: Use special machine bushing between gauge wheel arm and gauge wheel.
9. Shim for proper gauge wheel tire/disc blade clearance.
10. Lubricate with an SAE multipurpose grease.
Gauge wheel arm
1. Remove gauge wheel and arm assemblies from shank
" x ¾" cap screw that locks pivot spindle in
place and remove spindle.
3. Install replacement spindle and position as shown. Exact
centering is critical.
" x ¾" cap screw and torque to lock pivot spindle
5. Install gauge wheel and arm assemblies. Shim for proper
gauge wheel tire/disc blade clearance.
GAUGE WHEEL ARM BUSHING/SEAL REPLACEMENT
GAUGE WHEEL ARM PIVOT SPINDLE REPLACEMENT
Pivot spindle cap screw