15" seed opener disc blade/bearing assembly, 15" seed opener disc blade/bearing assembly -20 – Kinze 3600 Lift and Rotate Planter Rev. 7/14 User Manual
Lubrication and Maintenance
REPLACE DISC BLADE/BEARING ASSEMBLY
NOTE: Only bearing may need to be replaced if there is excessive endplay or if bearing sounds or feels rough
when disc blade is rotated.
1. Remove gauge wheel, scraper, and bearing dust cap.
2. Remove cap screw, washer and disc blade/bearing assembly. Machine bushings between shank and disc blade
are used to maintain approximate 1" ± ½" of blade-to-blade contact.
Left hand side of opener uses a left hand threaded cap screw. DO
NOT OVER TIGHTEN. Damage to shank threads require replacement
of row unit shank assembly.
3. Install machine bushing(s), new disc blade bearing assembly, washer and cap screw. Torque ⅝"-11 Grade 5 cap
screw to 110 ft-lb (149.14 N-m).
NOTE: Replace disc blades only with disc blades of equal thickness.
4. Install bearing dust cap, scraper, and gauge wheel.
REPLACE BEARING ONLY
1. Remove gauge wheel, scraper, bearing cap, cap screw, washer and disc blade/bearing assembly.
" rivets from bearing housing to expose bearing.
3. Installing new bearing. install three evenly spaced ¼" cap screws into three of six holes in bearing housing to hold
bearing and bearing housing in place. Install rivets in other three holes. Remove ¼" cap screws and install rivets
in those three holes.
4. Reinstall disc blade/bearing assembly, washer and cap screw. Torque ⅝"-11 cap screw to 110 ft-lb (149.14 N-m).
5. Install bearing dust cap, scraper, and gauge wheel.
Excessive blade contact may result in premature disc
opener bearing/hub failures and excessive wear on seed
tube guard/inner scraper. When properly adjusted, if one
blade is held in fixed position, opposite blade should rotate
with less than 5 pounds force at outer edge of blade.
Maintain approximately 1" ± ½" of blade-to-blade contact
to properly open and form seed trench. As blade diameter
decreases due to wear, it is necessary to relocate machine
bushings from inside to outside to maintain 1" ± ½" of contact.
NOTE: Proper blade clearance is critical. Blades should have 1" ± ½" contact in this area. When blades are
turned by hand in opposite directions against each other, there should be only light resistance to turning. Re-
adjust blade scraper if necessary to center it between the blades.
NOTE: Replace blades If proper blade-to-blade contact cannot be maintained after relocating machine
bushings or if blade diameter wears below 14½".
15" SEED OPENER DISC BLADE/BEARING ASSEMBLY
1" ± ½"