Kinze 3600 Lift and Rotate Planter Rev. 7/14 User Manual
Lubrication and Maintenance
MAJOR PAD ADJUSTMENT
1. Loosen cam rollers so they move freely.
2. Lower planter to field operation position and release wing locks. Eliminate all uplift on planter frame by backing off
row unit down pressure springs and uplift on any other planter attachments.
3. Check position of center frame to axle cam roller guides. Gap between guides and frame should be the same side
to side. Gap on back sides of roller guide should be equal on both sides.Final adjustment will be done later.
4. Loosen four cap mounting nuts.
IMPORTANT: Cap mounting nuts MUST be loosened before adjusting wear pads.
5. Loosen hex jam nuts and use pad adjusting bolts to position frame to center correctly.
Over tightening wear pads will cause premature wear and excessive
hydraulic lift pressures. Torque wear pads to 10 ft-lb (13.6 N-m). Do
not over tighten wear pads.
6. Tighten pad adjusting bolts, back off, and then torque wear pads to 10 ft-lb (13.6 N-m). Hold adjusting bolt from
turning and torque hex jam nuts to 200 ft-lb (271.1 N-m).
7. Tighten cap mounting nuts.
8. Reset row unit down pressure and other attachments from Step 3.
Loosen cam rollers
Loosen four cap mounting nuts
Removing safety hook
1. Loosen cam rollers so they move freely as shown above.
2. Lower planter to field operation position and release wing
3. Eliminate all uplift on planter frame by backing off row unit
down pressure springs and uplift on any attachments.
4. Remove safety hook.
5. Disconnect hydraulic hose, remove nut on bulkhead fitting,
and remove fitting from cap.