Installing the optimizer microphone, Notes, Note – Yamaha YSP-1100 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
AUTO SETUP (Intel¡¡Beam)
Installing the optimizer microphone
The supplied optimizer microphone collects and analyzes the sound that this unit produces in your actual listening
environment. Follow the procedure below to connect the optimizer microphone to this unit and make sure that the
optimizer microphone is placed in a proper location and that there are no large obstacles between the optimizer
microphone and the walls in your listening room.
• After you have completed the AUTO SETUP procedure, be sure to disconnect the optimizer microphone.
• The optimizer microphone is sensitive to heat.
- Keep it away from direct sunlight.
- Do not place it on top of this unit.
• Do not connect the optimizer microphone to an extension cable as doing so may result in an inaccurate sound optimization.
• An error may occur during the AUTO SETUP procedure if the optimizer microphone is not properly placed in your listening room. To
avoid the possibility of an error:
- Do not place the optimizer microphone to the extreme right or left from the center of this unit.
-Do not place the optimizer microphone within 1.8 m (6.0 ft) from the front of this unit.
- Do not place the optimizer microphone more than 1 m (3.3 ft) upper or lower from the center height of this unit.
• Make sure that there are no obstacles between the optimizer microphone and the walls in your listening room as these objects obstruct
the path of sound beams. However, any objects that are in contact with the walls will be regarded as a protruding part of the walls.
• The best possible results are achieved if the optimizer microphone is placed at the same height as your ears would be when you are
seated in your listening position. However, if this is not possible, you can manually fine-tune the sound beam angle and balance the
sound beam output levels using MANUAL SETUP (see page 60) once the AUTO SETUP procedure is completed.
• If a subwoofer with adjustable volume and crossover/high cut frequency controls is connected to this unit, set the volume between 11
and 1 o’clock as viewed on a conventional clockface and set the crossover/high cut frequency to the maximum.
Press STANDBY/ON on the front panel or on
the remote control to turn off the power of
Connect the supplied optimizer microphone
to the OPTIMIZER MIC jack on the side of this
Place the optimizer microphone on a flat
level surface more than 1.8 m (6.0 ft) from the
front of the unit and within 1 m (3.3 ft) upper
or lower from the center height of the unit
with the optimizer microphone head upward
at your normal listening position.
Be sure to place the optimizer microphone on an imaginary
center line drawn from this unit.
You may want to use the supplied cardboard microphone stand
to affix the optimizer microphone at the same height as your
ears would be when you are seated in your listening position.
Within 1m (3.3
- - -} upper or
' microphone stand