Decoder indicators, Surround modes and recommended sources, Notes – Yamaha YSP-1100 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
ENJOYING SURROUND SOUND
■ Decoder indicators
Depending on the input source and the selected surround
mode, the indicators in the front panel display light up as
When PCM signals are being
When DTS digital signals are
being input or when DTS Neo:6
When Dolby Digital signals are
When Dolby Pro Logic is
When Dolby Pro Logic II is
• You can select an input mode (AUTO, DTS or ANALOG) by
pressing INPUTMODE on the remote control repeatedly (see
' Discs encoded in DTS-ES or Dolby Digital 5.1 EX will be
played back in DTS or Dolby Digital.
Dolby Pro Logic
Dolby Pro Logic il
• Surround modes are available when the beam mode is set to a
setting other than the stereo playback or the my beam as the
• When you select an input source (see page 39), the surround
mode used for the previously selected input source is selected.
• If the power of this unit is turned off and on again, the surround
mode used for the previously selected input source before the
power was turned off is selected.
• The surround modes are available only when the CINEMA DSP
programs are turned off (see page 54) or when the movie
program is selected as the CINEMA DSP program (see
• Only Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Pro Logic II Movie and DTS
Neo:5 Cinema are available when the movie program is selected
as the CINEMA DSP program (see page 52).
• If the surround modes are not available, “Prohibit” appears in
the front panel display when you press SURROUND on the
• The surround modes are available only when 2-channel signals
are being input. If you try to switch between the surround
modes when 5.1 channel signals are being input, “Prohibit”
appears in the front panel display.