Voice command, Phone and contact tips – UTStarcom PN-820 User Manual
PHONE AND CONTACT TIPS
You will want to use some of the information in this section to make
using your phone and contacts list with Voice command easier.
• How do I call voicemail? – Make a contact named ‘voicemail’ and
add each of your voicemail numbers. Now you can simply say
“Call VoiceMail at Home”.
• Feel free to use friendly names – You can name contacts with
friendly names such as Home, Mom, or Dentist. After doing this, call
by simply saying “Call Home”.
• Synchronizing fewer contacts – (For desktop sync only, doesn’t
work with server sync) You can save memory and improve
recognition by synchronizing only the contacts you need. Open
ActiveSync on your PC, and choose Tools ➞ Options ➞ Contacts
Settings. Select either individual contacts or categories to sync.
• Redial and callback are easier than dialing – Use “Redial” to call
the last person you called, and “Callback” to call the last person who
• Don’t take long pauses during digit dialing – If you pause for a
long time, Voice Command will attempt to recognize the incomplete
• Call a contact at a location – Speed up calling by including the
location. For example, “Call Karen Archer at home”.
• What’s the best way to enter couples as a contact? – If you know
A & B Smith, try putting ‘& B’ into the middle name field. This way you
can either “call A Smith” or “call A and B Smith”.
• What’s the best way to enter company abbreviations? – If you
are having trouble getting recognition on a company of the form ‘ABC
Painting’ try renaming to ‘A. B. C. Painting’ to clarify that these letters
are spoken individually.