Voice command – UTStarcom PN-820 User Manual
The microphone icon doesn’t display – Try the following:
• Make sure the button you’re pressing is assigned to Voice Command.
• Make sure you are not holding the button long enough to engage the
press and hold to cancel feature.
I can’t use the Voice Command Button reliably – On some devices,
one of the available buttons is a rocker switch. On this type of button it
is very easy to accidentally press the UP or DOWN rocker instead of
the button. Try assigning Voice Command to another button.
Voice Command says “Try again” or the microphone icon
disappears – Try the following:
• Pause longer before speaking.
• Move your device further away.
• Speak in a normal tone, avoid pausing between words.
• Move to a less noisy environment.
• Make sure you didn’t disable the command in Voice Command
• Use the Notes application to record your voice and playback at full
volume. If the playback sound volume is very soft, this device may
be optimized for close talk use and you will need to move the device
Recognition doesn’t work – Some devices require a reset before
Voice Command will operate.