Voice command, Reading appointments tips, Playing music tips – UTStarcom PN-820 User Manual
READING APPOINTMENTS TIPS
Voice command will act as you have instructed when you want it on or
off in different situations.
• Quiet Voice Command during a meeting or a movie – Voice
Command will not make any noise if the device volume is off or set
• Does the reminder stop when I press the Dismiss button? – Yes.
Voice Command cancels the reminder announcement when the
reminder window disappears.
• Put names of meeting attendees in appointments – Try including
meeting attendee names in the subject or location of an appointment
so you’ll hear them when it is announced.
PLAYING MUSIC TIPS
There are some standard commands the Voice command is already
designed to receive. Using these commands will make playing music
on your phone easier.
• What song is this? – Easily identify music by asking “What song is
• Random Play – Say “Shuffle on” to play your selection in random
• How do I select an album by a specific artist? – Say “Play Album
• Is there a faster way to choose music? – Yes. If you don’t want
to be guided through your selection, say “Play <album>”, “Play
<artist>”, “Play <genre>”, or “Play album by <artist>”.
• How can I choose the current selection? – You can interrupt Voice
Command and say “That One” to select the current album, artist, or
• How do I change the Media Player skin? – Use the Skin Chooser:
tap Start ➞ Media Player ➞ Tools ➞ Settings ➞ Skin Chooser
and choose a different skin. The included Voice Command skin only
works in the portrait 320x240 screen size.