Gearbox, Horizontal auger replacement, Gearbox -21 – Kinze Grain Carts Rev. 7/14 User Manual
Page 57: Horizontal auger replacement -21
Lubrication and Maintenance
HORIZONTAL AUGER REPLACEMENT
1. Remove 12 cap screws and lock nuts from rear inspection cover. Remove inspection cover and bearing hub
2. Pull horizontal auger through opening at rear of cart.
3. Install replacement horizontal auger with full pitch portion of auger to front and half pitch portion of auger to rear of
4. Auger pilot plate on front of auger has one 3⅜" pilot hole and four ¾" drive pin holes. Auger pilot plate at rear of
cart has one 3⅜" pilot hole and four ¾" drive pin holes.
5. Check auger engages drive pins at front and rear. Check rear spindle, hub, and bearings for roughness or wear.
Replace worn or damaged parts and readjust bearing preload if necessary. Assemble hub with spindle into rear
6. Reinstall inspection cover, making sure drive pins on rear bearing hub engage mating auger holes properly.
Torque hardware to specifications.
The gearbox is equipped with a relief fitting which acts as
a breather. The lower hole on the gearbox is used to check
oil level or to add oil. Oil level should be even with the plug
hole. See “Gearbox Oil Level” in Lubrication section of this
manual for oil specifications and capacities.
A drain hole is located on the opposite side (bottom) of the
Rear Inspection Cover