Lithium backup battery, Cf card, Lens electrical contacts – Canon EOS D30 User Manual
Precautions for Handling
(4) By their nature, LCD displays react more slowly at low temperatures, and may appear
dark at high temperatures. The display will return to normal at room temperature.
Lithium Backup Battery
(1) Store lithium batteries out of reach of small children. The chemicals in these batteries are
very dangerous if the battery is accidentally swallowed. If this happens, seek medical
attention at once.
(2) Do not use metal instruments such as pliers to hold the battery, or you could cause a short
(3) Do not disassemble or heat the battery, or you could rupture it.
(1) The CF card is a precision device. Do not drop CF cards or expose them to vibrations.
Doing so could lose the images recorded on them.
(2) Do not store or use CF cards near objects that generate magnetic fields, such as TVs,
speakers, or magnets, or in locations affected by static electricity. Doing so could lose the
images recorded on the CF card.
(3) Do not place CF cards in direct sunlight or close to heating appliances. Doing so can
distort the cards and make them unusable.
(4) Do not spill liquids onto CF cards.
(5) Always store your CF cards in a case or cabinet to protect the data stored on them.
(6) Use only CF cards specified by Canon. Otherwise, you may be unable to record or play
(7) Do not bend CF cards, or subject them to strong impacts.
(8) Do not store CF cards in hot, dusty, or humid locations, or in locations exposed to static
electricity or magnetic fields.
Lens Electrical Contacts
After removing a lens from the EOS D30, set the lens with its
mounting side facing up, and attach the dust cap to prevent
damage to the electrical contacts and lens surface.