Starting a seam – SINGER 8019 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Starting a Seam
1. Set Stitch length selector for desired length
2. Align edge of fabric along one of the num
bered guidelines on the needle plate.
3. Position needle in fabric about 1.3cm (’/
from the edge.
Lower the presser foot. Depress and hold
reverse-stitch push button, and run the
machine at a slow speed.
• While holding reverse-stitch push button,
back-stitch to edge of fabric for reinforce
ment. (Do not sew beyond edge of fabric).
5. Release push button and stitch forward
to end of fabric, using the selected guide
line to keep seam straight.