Threading the twin needle, Twin-needle stitching – SINGER 8019 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
By using a twin needle, you can produce
simultaneously two parallel, closely spaced lines
of straight or zig-zag stitching. Effective for
decoration, twin-needle stitching is not
recommended for seams or for use on knits.
Your machine is not supplied with the twin needle
or spool pin. These may be obtained from your local
SINGER stockist as optional accessories.
Before inserting the twin needle, place the needle
position selector at centre and stitch width
selector at ; and, remove the single needle.
threading the twin needle
1. Thread machine with first thread from horizontal
spool pin as instructed on page 9, making certain
thread passes between tension separator and
2. Raise presser foot.
3. Insert twin-needle spool pin (optional) into hole
provided for it in machine top cover.
4. Pass the horizontal spool pin thread through left
eye of needle.
5. Place vertical spool of thread on detachable
spool pin and thread machine as for one-needle
• Pass thread between tension separator and
tension disc. Continue to thread
all other threading points.
• Pass thread through right
eye of needle.
6. Draw both threads under the foot and back
along with the bobbin thread.
7. Slowly lower the needle into the hole in the
needle plate by turning the hand wheel toward
you to make sure the needle clears the plate.
8. Make sure not to use a stitch width greater than
that what is recommended when twin needle