Installation, 12 commissioning – Glow-worm Ultracom2 35 Store User Manual
0020112185_PROTO_13 - 01/11 - Glow-worm
- 28 -
At the time of commissioning, complete all relevant
sections of the Benchmark Checklist located in the
centre pages of this document.
The commissioning should be carried out by a competent person
approved at the time by the Health and Safety Executive and in
accordance with the current issue of BS6798.
12.1 Switching on
• Do not operate the boiler without water.
• Make sure that the system has been thoroughly flushed out with
cold water and that all cleanser if used has been removed.
• With the gas service isolation valve closed, with no demand
from any external controls and the power supply to the boiler
• Test for gas soundness and purge air from the gas supply.
• Press the on/off button to activate the appliance.
• Make sure that the domestic hot water and heating functions
on your appliance are not activated.
12.2 filling the CH system (Central heating)
• Make sure that the installation's cold-water inlet isolating
valve is open.
• Open isolating valves located on external filling loop: they
must be positioned in the direction of the flow.
1 Air vent
3 Screw for the pump shaft
• Open the plug on the air vent located on the pump and the
automatic air vents on the installation.
• If the pressure shown on the pressure gauge is less than 0.4
bar, top up the installation by connecting external filling loop
to the appliance until you obtain a pressure of between 0.8
and 1.2 bars.
When turning the 230Vac supply on to the boiler
should the water pressure be less than 0.5 bar an
automatic air vent function will be activated for a
period of 5 minutes. During this time the pressure
should be increased and air vented from the system.
Note that the burner will not fire in either CH or DHW
mode and the display will blink displaying the current
• Vent air from each radiator until the water flows normally, then
close the vents.
• Leave the pump's air vent open.
The following two operations will unblock the pump's
engine after a prolonged storage period and will
purge the air from the pumps circuit.
• Remove the screw from the pump shaft and introduce a flat
screwdriver. A trickle of water, under no pressure, should
normally come out of the pump.
• Rotate the pump shaft through several turns, then replace the
12.3 filling DHW Circuit
• Open the various hot water taps to fill the DHW circuit.
12.4 filling the Condensate Trap
1 filling trap
2 Condensate trap
• Fill the trap 3/4 full with water (1).