Maintenance, 16 gas conversion adjustments – Glow-worm Ultracom2 35 Store User Manual
0020112185_PROTO_13 - 01/11 - Glow-worm
- 41 -
16 Gas conversion adjustments
seals destroyed must be replaced.
In order to operate with a gas other than that provided from the
factory, it is necessary to some adjustments to the gas valve.
This conversion should only be carried out by a competent person
approved at the time by the Health and Safety Executive.
• During the conversion to Propane, use of a suitable flue gas
analyser is necessary.
The person carrying out a combustion measurement should have
been assessed as competent in the use of a flue gas analyser and
the interpretation of the results.
The flue gas analyser used should be one meeting the
requirements of BS7927 or BS-EN50379-3 and be calibrated in
accordance with the analyser manufacturers’ requirements.
Competence can be demonstrated by satisfactory completion
of the CPA1 ACS assessment, which covers the use of electronic
portable combustion gas analysers in accordance with BS 7967,
parts 1 to 4.
Steps "Switching on" to "Re-pressurising System" will
need to be completed before the appliance can be
converted (See chapter "Commissioning").
Tools required to make the conversion are a 2mm Allen key and
an electricians screwdriver.
Having checked :
- the appliance and system have been installed in
accordance with the instructions.
- the integrity of the flue system and flue seals....
- the integrity of the appliance combustion circuit and relevant
- that all internal/external controls are calling for heat.
- the gas service isolation valve is opened.
Combustion analyser sample point
2A flue elbow
2b Vertical flue adaptor
• Remove the front panel first.
• Remove the cap (3) and connect a CO
analyser to effect the
Adjusting the gas valve
• Press the on/off button to turn the appliance off.
• Turn the screw in the direction and the number of times
indicated in the following table.
G20 ▸ G31
G31 ▸ G20
Adjusting the maximum power setting
• Activate the test mode "P.01" and set the value to 100 in order
to force the burner at P. max. See chapter "Specific adjustment
▸ Appliance technical settings and parameter list ▸ Test
• Wait approximately 5 minutes to read a stabilized CO