Maintenance, Ab b – Glow-worm Ultracom2 35 Store User Manual
0020112185_PROTO_13 - 01/11 - Glow-worm
- 44 -
18.2 Casing removing
1 front panel retaining screw
2 front panel
• Undo the two screws (1) on the underside of the front panel
and remove the front panel (2).
1 Control box
• Position the control box (1) into the service position.
18.3 Combustion check and setting the air/gas
Competency to carry out the check of
BS 6798: 2009 Specification for installation and
maintenance of gas-fired boilers of rated input not
exceeding 70kW net advises that:
- The person carrying out a combustion measurement must be
assessed as competent in the use of a flue gas analyser and
the interpretation of the results.
- The flue gas analyser used should be one meeting the
requirements of BS7927 or BS-EN50379-3 and be calibrated in
accordance with the analyser manufacturers’ requirements.
- Competence can be demonstrated by satisfactory completion
of the CPA1 ACS assessment, which covers the use of
electronic portable combustion gas analysers in accordance
with BS 7967, parts 1 to 4.
• Ensure that the gas analyser is set to the correct fuel
• Select the “ + ”, constant central heating with DHW
function by pressing the “
” button repeatedly, refer to
commissioning section. The boiler should fire automatically.
Safe combustion can only be verified by measuring
ratio. This must not exceed the value shown in
the table opposite.
Prior to, during servicing and after any maintenance or changed
parts, the following must be checked.
• The integrity of the flue system and flue seals.
• The integrity of the appliance combustion circuit and relevant
• Electrical, gas and water connections.
• System pressure.
• The combustion performance, refer to the following procedure.
• The operational gas inlet pressure and gas rates, refer to the
commissioning section paragraph 12.5. Correct any falt before
Combustion check and setting the air/gas ratio
• Remove the front casing panel, see diagram above and hinge
down the control box. Taking care not to touch any internal
components, proceed as follows:
• Connect the CO
combustion analyser to the relevant test
point, see diagram opposite.